Get a grip on the excitement of racing: The BMW M Performance steering wheel is upholstered in high-quality Alcantara. It provides excellent grip – at any temperature and even in extreme driving situations. The race display in the newest OLED technology and the two-toned LED gear-shift displays to the left and right give the vehicle an authentic motor-sport feeling every day. At the push of a button, the Race, Sport, or EfficientDynamics Mode can be engaged. A stop watch (in Race Mode with 1/100 second indicator) and g-meter for forward and side acceleration deliver up-to-the-second data relevant to motor sports. It is also possible to save up to 50 lap times and best scores for speed and lateral and forward acceleration. The trim made of lacquered carbon fibre gives the steering wheel a unique, elegant look.
Benefits of the BMW M Performance Alcantara steering wheel with a carbon fibre trim and race display at a glance:
- BMW M Performance lettering in chrome
- BMW M tri-colour stitching
- symbol-based display for simple, intuitive use
- The BMW M Performance Alcantara steering wheel is covered in high-quality Alcantara and stitched with tricolour seams in BMW M colours. The steering wheel finisher is finished in painted carbon, which has an M Performance logo integrated in chrome into the paintwork. The upper steering wheel rim features a functional display boasting the latest OLED technology and two-colour LED indicators on the right and left of the display.
- When installed with SA 248 (heated steering wheel), the heating function is disabled; it does not need to be decoded.
- The switch for the heated steering wheel remains without function.
- No entry in the vehicle's paperwork is required for the M Performance steering wheel II, and there is no need to carry an operating licence. Registration is regulated for the cars in question by BMW as part of the EC general regulation.